Rules & FAQ
The Trenton Kiwanis Walleye World 2020 is a completely LIVE release event!
- The event will begin May 23 at 12:01 a.m. and end May 24 at 4:00 p.m.
- All fish must be legally hooked on legal tackle. Any evidence of net, gaff or snag marks will immediately disqualify that fish from competition.
- All boat occupants must be registered entrants.
- All fish entered, must have been hooked and played to landing by the angler entering such fish. Any attempt to falsify entries will result in disqualification and prizes forfeited.
- Fish that have been transported across land in a vehicle will not qualify.
- Each contestant will be required to provide proof of entry at weigh in.
- Prize winning entries will require a completed affidavit.
- All prize winning fish must be confirmed as a live release by officials.
- This organization and/or its sponsors will not be liable for injury to any person, contestant or spectator and will not be responsible for any loss of property. Contestants compete in this event at their own risk.
- All decisions by the Judges will be final.
- In the event of a tie weight, the first fish weighed in will take priority position in all prize categories. Each fish may win only one prize.
- Juniors, age 12 and under as of May 22nd, 2020 will be eligible for the Junior prizes, Hidden Weight and Tagged Fish categories.
- The areas north of No. 1 dam in Trenton and north of CPR bridge in Belleville are ineligible.
- MNR Rules and Regulations must be followed.
- Competitors will be eligible for 1 (one) prize per category (Walleye or Pike). Should another winning entry be submitted for consideration at any weigh station, by the same ticket holder, the largest of the prize-qualifying fish will be left on the leader board for prize claim, any remaining entries will be removed. Prizes will not be substituted.
The Kiwanis Walleye World website represents the final and definitive source for all Rules and Regulations relating to the Kiwanis Walleye World Fishing Derby. Rules and Regulations posted here represent those rules and regulations our event is governed by regardless of interpretation or conveyance by any other communication method (posters, tickets, emails, etc.).
These rules are subject to change without notice and at the discretion of the Kiwanis Walleye World committee.
All Ministry of Natural Resources rules and local laws and by-laws are applicable during the event and the Rules and Regulations of the Kiwanis Walleye World Fishing Derby do not supercede or take precedence over any local, municipal, provincial or federal laws.